The next series of 4 consultation groups starts January 19, 2023, noon to 1:30 pm; 6 CEUs (supervision). Another series starts on May 18, 2023 and meets monthly on the third Thursdays.
How do we balance supporting the mental health of new practitioners with the imperative to build resilience and grit needed to do challenging work?
FOR EXPERIENCED SUPERVISORS, this advanced webinar series provides opportunities to expand wisdom needed to effectively mentor clinicians in the first years of practice, concentrating on areas of competence, strength, and joy and transcending shame-bound and perfectionistic habits of thinking. Drawing from research on interpersonal neurobiology as well as mindfulness practices, supervisors will share and explore strategies to navigate common challenges facing new clinicians, particularly effective use of self, emotional self-regulation, and maintaining physical health. We will place a premium on supporting supervisees’ mental health, while also maintaining a focus on effective, ethical clinical practice with challenging clients.REGISTER
This webinar series will emphasize social collaborative learning and collegial community-building. Participants will share settling, centering, and/or grounding activities that they use to promote emotional self-regulation. Participants will also bring case material to the webinar for creative problem-solving with colleagues, using a trauma-informed model of consultation. The model maximizes effective use of whole-body wisdom, including accurate attunement, in responding to challenging supervisory scenarios.
Experienced supervisors have already taken at least one supervision class, been approved to provide supervision, and have been working with supervisees for at least two years.REGISTER
By the end of this webinar series, participants will
- Increase intentional use of self in the supervisory relationship;
- Understand the ways toxic stress can block learning and strategies to neutralize its impact on supervision sessions;
- Integrate mindful habits into relationships with supervisees that facilitate learning, professional growth, meaning and job satisfaction, and inspiration; and
- Practice an innovative model of clinical case consultation that emphasizes mindful presence and creativity.
DATES OF WEBINARS (every third Thursday, beginning January 19, 2023)
- January 19, 2023, noon to 1:30 pm
- February 16, 2023, noon to 1:30 pm
- March 16, 2023, noon to 1:30 pm
- April 20, 2023, noon to 1:30 pm
NOTE: The next series of “Mindful Supervision: Advanced Applications” starts May 18, 2023 and meets mothly for four months (third Thursdays).
Six Continuing Education units (supervision) through the National Association of Social Workers (Oregon).
BIPOC REPARATIONS DISCOUNT: If you identify as a BIPOC, you are entitled to a 25% discount.
Contact Wayne for discount codes.